British Gas Energy Trust Individual and Family fund now open
The British Gas Energy Trust Individual and Family fund is now open for applications (as of May 2nd) please read the below before applying.
You do not need to be a British Gas customer to apply for this fund – you can be a British Gas Customer, or a customer from another supplier with arrears of up to £1,500. However, we want to ensure that grants go to people who cannot access energy debt help from their own provider, the following suppliers Eon, Eon Next, EDF, Scottish Power and Octopus all have their own funds to support their customers only, so if you are a customer of one of these companies, please apply to them directly.
As part of your application, we will want to understand how you will be able to manage your energy costs in future.
This is why it’s so important to ensure you have sought professional money advice before applying, as there may be other routes which are more suitable for your situation.
To be considered for a grant you must meet the following criteria. If you cannot tick all boxes your application will not progress to assessment –
- You live in England, Scotland or Wales.
- You have not received a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust within the last 2 years.
- You must be seeking a grant to clear an outstanding debt on a current or open gas, electricity or dual fuel energy account in your name or be a member of that household, the energy account must relate to your main residence. If your application is successful, your energy account will be credited with the grant. Please note the British Gas Energy Trust does not award cash payments.
- You have electric and/or gas debt.
- You must be in or facing Fuel Poverty; and
- You have received help from a money advice agency.
You can apply here: Apply Now.