Who Can Apply?
The British Gas Energy Trust may be able to provide a grant if you are struggling to keep up to date with your energy bills.
You don’t have to be a customer of British Gas to apply. If you pay your energy bill to another supplier you can be considered for a grant. The online portal will guide you through the process, explaining the information needed at each stage of the application.
To be considered for a grant you must meet the following criteria:
- You live in England, Scotland or Wales;
- You have not received a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust within the last 2 years;
- You have a current energy account in your name or be a member of that household;
- You have electric and/or gas debt;
- You do not have savings above £5,000; and
- You have received help from a money advice agency.
If you have previously applied and been unsuccessful you can re-apply if you’ve had a change in your circumstances.
You will be able to save the application as you go along but you may find it helpful to have the following to hand before you start:
- Three recent consecutive wage slips or benefit statement less than a year old; and
- Your most recent gas and electricity bill.
Auriga is classed as grants management service provider.