THAW Orkney – Warmth & Wellbeing
THAW (Tackling Household Affordable Warmth) Orkney is a local charity that was founded in 2015 and provides free, confidential and independent advice and support to Orkney households, especially those most vulnerable, to reduce levels of fuel poverty and achieve affordable warmth.
THAW provides bespoke support & advice services to the local community including:
- Specialist advice on energy matters and efficiency, including tariff switching support, energy monitoring and assistance with utility debt
- Advice and guidance on the local and Scottish National grant programmes and assistance with third party support through these schemes in relation to energy efficiency measures
- Support and advice with benefits and income maximisation
- Health and Wellbeing support
- Advocacy & supported referrals to other organisations for additional help
- Cosy Home Packs
- Electricity vouchers
Our services are free to all Orkney residents. We also offer home visits to all areas of Orkney including the non-linked isles as our staff recognise the specific challenges of living in a remote and rural island community.