Navigate Charity (Somerset, Torridge, Mid, North and West Devon) – Wis£rMoney
Wiser£Money aim to improve the quality of life, wellbeing and financial resilience of people living in the rural settlements of Mid-Devon and North Devon. Our team aim to help vulnerable people living on low-incomes in communities across the districts.
We can help you if you are experiencing (or at risk of experiencing), poverty, financial hardship, and social and financial exclusion. Our team will visit your home to work through a financial capability review, this allows them to focus on services that will help, in your specific circumstances, to alleviate fuel poverty.
Wiser£Money advisers can help you with:
- finding the right energy tariff for your home;
- giving you welfare benefits advice and support accessing any benefits you may be entitled to;
- helping you with budgeting and income maximisation so you can make the most of the income you have;
- providing you with money and debt advice;
- accessing mental health advocacy and support; and
- providing help and information to access other available support services.
Wis£rmoney – Somerset is an expansion of the Wis£rmoney project currently funded through SCARP 1. This project will support the most vulnerbale in communities across Somerset, a rural region, which given the increase in fuel prices reduces further accessibility of services. The project offers in-depth holistic money and energy support. The support extends from initial crisis and into long term sustainability for clients.